Hi 🙋🏻 I’m so excited to share a video that I spend an hour editing last night! Haha.. I made a black sesame chiffon cake. A little tough doing 2 things at once because all I have is a phone for videoing OR taking photos and you need to pause and stop in different parts. Hence I did some little mistakes here (to me):
– This cake is a little under baked (a little moist and harder to remove as the surface sticks on the fingers)
– I wanted the cake to be softer, intended to whip the egg whites to soft peak, but I overwhipped it and it became stiff peak, but that’s fine as well. Stiff peaks are easier to handle.
If you are baking using this recipe, please adjust your baking time and temperature accordingly or bakes till you insert a skewer and it comes out clean.
- 6 egg whites
- 60 gm caster sugar
- 80 gm cake flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 30 gm black sesame powder
- 5 egg yolk
- 30 gm caster sugar
- 50 gm extra light olive oil
- 80 ml milk
- Preheat oven at 160C
- Sift cake flour, sesame powder and baking power in a bowl.
- Add sugar into egg yolks and whisk till light and fluffy.
- Pour in the milk and oil mixture slowly by batches and mix. Next pour in the sifted flour and mix.
- Egg whites :- In a machine, whisk the eggs till it starts to foam, then slowly add in the sugar by batches. Whisk till stiff peak.
- Take 1/3 of the whisked egg white into the flour mixture and fold.
- Pour the mixture into the rest of the egg white meringue, and fold gently till evenly mixed.
- Pour in a chiffon tin (mine is a 23cm tin) and bake for 1hr – 1hr 15mins. Test by inserting a skewer.
- Take out the tin from the oven and invert on the cooling rack till it is cooled enough to remove from tin.
Enjoy the video and feel free to communicate on the chat box on right hand side 😊💃🏻🍰
#Skills are for life
Follow #Instagram: Judybakez